Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Plastic Bags Banned in Unincorporated Los Angeles

Effective Friday, July 1, 2011, the ban on plastic bags went into effect in the unincorporated Los Angeles area.  At the moment, only major grocery stores have been affected.  However, the smaller chain grocers will be required to comply with this new law by January, 2012.  Previously, Sacramento had proposed that there be a state-wide ban be implemented, but it was shot down.  This effort is not dead. (Go HERE for complete story)

I have personally been using my reusable bags when I grocery shop.  I admit, I forget when I go to retailers such as Target and Walmart.  Some retailers will give you a few cents reimbursement for using your own bags.

What's your take on banning plastic bags?
Make your opinion known by clicking on the blue link below

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!